Monday, November 10, 2008
Evaluation results for Landon......
Today was a great day, John and I took Landon to Granite school district Education program to get him evaluated for his speech impairment, as most of you already know, Landon does not talk, he is saying much more, mainly single words, but still no sentences yet. He does anything you tell him too, he will go get anything you tell him too, He really understands things, but he's just not talking. His Dad and I talked and with our concerns with this, we both decided that if he's still not talking and progressing more by the time he turns 3, then we would take him back in to get him re-evaluated again (we have been through this in the past-and decided to give it some time to see if he progressed with his speech, and hasn't really) .............So John and I feel really good about what we are doing for our Son, this is what we feel is necessary to get Landon to start talking. They tested Landon for Cognitive, Behavioral, Adaptive, Academic, Hearing, Vision, Transition, Speech, Communication and motor skills, He passed them all but the Speech, and Motor skills. The results were that his primary disability is that he has a speech/language impairment which was no surprise to his Daddy and I.........He will be starting pre-school for his speech disability at the elementary school right by our house soon. He will go 2 days a week for 3 hours. Landon was such a little trooper today, he was so cooperative! The evaluator was so sweet, and she just adored Landon. I got a little emotional watching Landon but that's just what I do. John asked me why I cried, and I said "I just get emotional over him that's all" I love that little boy SO MUCH, and getting emotional over him is pretty natural for me I guess:) I do it with the girls also, I CRY ALOT OF HAPPY TEARS LATELY! We will post updates on how Landon is doing:) OH MY GOSH AND GUESS WHAT......................HE IS POTTY TRAINED! YAY!!!! He is going pee-pee and poopy in the toilet! That is a big relief for sure! :) He has only had a couple accidents, we are so proud of him!!!!!!!!! Those are two words luckily he can say "pee" and "poop." LOL!
On our way in to Granite School district Education program
This evaluator was the sweetest ever! 
Landon played with the toys while we were waiting for his results!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Oh how precious. good luck landon! I hope he gets talking soon so when he starts he'll NEVER stop! I hope everything works out. what a good mom and dad!
Sounds like you guy's are doing everything you can for him & I am sure you will see a change once he starts the program. YAY on being potty trained, it is so exciting!!!!
That is so great! I wish you all the best of luck. I know he will do great! Is it the new school he will be going to?
ash1
Yeah! This puts a smile on my face. :) So glad that it is just a speech delay. That can be turned around so quickly. He will do great in his school. You're so smart to take him in. I know a lot of people who simply just wont. Kids deserve so much. He is such a cute little stinker and will be talking tons before you know it. xoxo
I think it's awesome you are putting him in pre-school, I'm sure you will see a big difference and quickly. Good for you guys. He such a cutie pie
Post a Comment