Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some friendly advice please!

Our precious little Landon is going to be three yrs. old in three months from today. He is still not talking! No sentences yet at all! We have had him evaluated from DDI advantage, He passed everything he has also been seen from his pediatrician, and we were told that he is fine, His Pediatrician did however say that there would surely be nothing wrong with getting him into some therapy but we yet have not. He was a late walker, but something inside as his Mommy tells me there is more to this.........Could I be right?? Or is it just the worry wart mother worrying too much again?..... I AM WORRIED!... Should I be?... Or should I not be? I will take any advice you are all willing to give! Should we give it till he's three? Or should we go ahead and get him into speech therapy now? The words he can say are....Mommy, Daddy, No, Ya, YAY, Moon, Ooooohhh!!!! (meaning something stinks! LOL!) He says Two, .......There are a few more, I just can't think right now! He does understand everything that we say, and he will go get anything we ask him too......He's very smart! Just not talking.....NOT AT ALL! I don't know, I think I am more confused than anything! ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!! All the Grandparents says he's fine, just not ready to talk yet, or like my Dad says..."maybe he has nothing to say!" Trust me-------if he could talk, he would have PLENTY TO SAY!!!!! :) Oh and his Daddy doesn't seem to worried either, but I think his Daddy does all the talking for him also! TOO MUCH BABY TALK JOHN!!!!! LOL! :) I LOVE THIS LITTLE BOY MORE THAN I COULD EVER EVEN EXPLAIN!!!!!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

I'm not one to give good advice, but I think that kids just all develop so different and at different times. If your pediatrician says that he's fine, I'm sure he's right. I've always been told not to compare your kids to others because their skills will come at different times.
You may want to ride this one out a little while.

Sarah said...

You always follow your mommy gut. #1 rule. You should not wait til he is 3 because every day counts. The numbers of Autism is so high that it is scary. You need to get him evaluated by the school district. Their number is 412-2510 First they will check his hearing then will have someone come out to your house to evaluate him. There are services provided only til he is 3 so you need to get on it. (Not sure when he turns 3) Then you need to get him evaluated by a child phsyciatrist. I know I sound blunt but with my expericnce every day counts. I am so glad I got Lincoln the help when I did. You will learn so much about your boy and his delays and it will be hard but worth it. GET HIM CHECKED OUT NOW.

Clarke Family said...

Tawn of course you do what you feel you should. A lady moved in up the street from me that does speech therapy at a preschool. I can find out the name of the school she teaches at if you would like. I am always one for education! Since Easton went to preschool for 2 1/2 years. His birthday is in November too so I put him in as soon as he turned 3. Let me know...Wish ya the best!
LOVE,
ASH