Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I need SUPPORT!

So last night my daughter asked me the question that I have always dreaded, I have dreaded this question my entire life, deep down in my heart for some reason I always knew it would come up.................I need some advice here, some support! I am lost for words, I am trying to be so understanding about this whole thing, but it's the hardest thing I will ever have to do.....................Yes, I am crying as I am writing this, I feel like a part of me has been broken with just the thoughts of all this, my heart shattered into a billion tiny pieces, but yet there is that small part of me that feels like I need to let her fly..........................Shanlee asked me how I would feel about her going to live with her Dad for a year.....at that moment I think my heart actually stopped beating! The whole earth quit spinning! I couldn't even think............I couldn't swallow! I could never explain what that moment felt like!.........and of course my first question was why? I think as a Mother that has loved this child with every single beat of my heart unconditionally, I have took care of this girl for over 13 yrs of her life, has showed her only love, taught her to be the BEAUTIFUL PERSON that she is today, I was in total shock, so many things start to run through my mind................but again, the only one question I could come up with was..........WHY? Her answer was..........."Mama, I just want the chance to live with my Daddy too, that is the one and only reason." Of course I start asking her a hundred in one different questions that start to race through my mind (typical in a Mother) but deep down in my heart, as her Mother, I really believe that is her true answer, I know the love that she has for Me, her Mother, and the love that she also has for him, her Daddy, she just wants that opportunity to be with him also. And I think I'm ok with this. She loves us both with everything she has in her, ....I really think she deserves that chance, that experience. Rick is a great Dad and he has a great wife now, so I think I'm really ok with it all, She will only be 30 minutes away. I will still see her all the time, on the weekends, I think it's just that Motherly FRIGHT......her going to a new school, new friends, new rules, kind of all a new life really. I WORRY! I am scared that maybe this choice won't be the right one for her, and she will wanna come right back home........Time will tell.....I can only pray for her happiness with this decision, and pray that she continues to be the most INCREDIBLE person I have ever known, and I pray that she knows HOW VERY MUCH I LOVE HER AND HOW PROUD SHE MAKES ME EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE! I PRAY THAT HER DADDY WILL TUCK HER IN AT NIGHT AND REMINDS HER TO CALL HER MOM EVERY SINGLE DAY! With this post I am only asking for support and some friendly advice, I need to know that I am making a good decision with this, because I DO NOT HAVE TO LET HER GO! I am only letting her go because I know that she loves her Dad with everything she has in her also, and she deserves that time with him too. I pray for myself that I can handle this and that I can deal with the days she is gone without her........Please say a prayer for us! Say a prayer for my daughter! And a special Thanks to my Mom! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Thank you for always being there for me, for loving me, for having much Faith in me, and for being my forever BEST FRIEND! I couldn't get through this without you!

5 comments:

Peg said...

Bless your heart. I know how hard that has to be, but I think you are making the right decision, and you will get through it.I know she knows how much you love her and only want her to be happy. It will be okay.

Melissa said...

Oh Tawn!!! I am so sorry! My mom went thru this with Steph, she moved in with her dad when she was around 15, it was really hard on al of us, I was 5 and had a really hard time with her being gone. Help Landon with this change as well, he will miss her so much too!

Margo said...

MY VERY SPECIAL DAUGHTER I KNOW HOW YOUR HEART MUST BE BREAKING RIGHT NOW BUT TAWN YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION. I PRAY EVERY NIGHT AND EVERY DAY FOR THE BLESSINGS THAT WILL HELP MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN TO LIVE HEALTHY HAPPY LIVES. FATHER IN HEAVEN HEARS YOUR PRAYERS TAWN AND THAT IS WHY YOU FELT THE ANSWER IN YOUR HEART BECAUSE YOU HAVE FAITH, AND FAITH MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTER CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS. SHANLEE IS A VERY SPECIAL YOUNG LADY AND SHE KNOWS HOW VERY MUCH YOU LOVE HER TAWN. I KNOW THIS WILL BE THE HARDEST DECISION YOU WILL EVER HAVE TO MAKE BUT TRUST ME DAUGHTER IT WILL ALL BE OK I PROMISE. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW TAWN. YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING MOTHER AND I KNOW HOW VERY MUCH SHAN LOVES YOU. SHE IS JUST A KID AND WANTS TO SPREAD HER LITTLE WINGS AND FLY A BIT. BUT SHE WILL BE BACK HONEY AND I KNOW THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT ANY EASIER RIGHT NOW BUT YOU JUST KEEP THE FAITH AND YOU WILL SEE IT WILL ALL WORK OUT. I'M SO SORRY FOR THE PAIN YOU FEEL IF I COULD TAKE IT AWAY YOU KNOW I WOULD. I LOVE YOU TAWN MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. LOVE YOU THE VERY MOSTEST MOM XOXO

The Larsen Family said...

Holly cow girl!! I'm crying my eyes out!! You are such a great person especially a mom!! I'm sure this is the hardest ever, but you are doing whats right!! Wish you all the BEST!!

Sarah said...

Oh Tawn, reading this made me cry. I know who you are and the kind of Mother you are. This had to be a really big shock. I think it was probablly really hard for Shan to ask you too. Wow! You are brave and strong. I cant imagine. Keep me updated. You both are in my prayers. All I can say is Wow. Love you so much.