skip to main |
skip to sidebar
So as most of you know, our daughter Shanlee was interviewed and was accepted into "The people to People program." (I blogged about it a while back, if you go to "older posts" it's one page over. You can read all about it.) Anyway, she will be going to Australia June 12th! It's coming up so fast! We have been doing many fundraisers since November of 2110' trying to raise enough money for her to go. Great news! SHE'S GOING! We handed in her last payment that was due at the beginning of this month! We did have to pay some out of pocket, but overall we have had the best support from friends, and family, and many companies have helped sponsor her! She will be in Australia for 20 days total! We are so excited for her, and could not be MORE PROUD! As a Mother, Yes, I am scared out of my wits to send my daughter to another country with out me, but I know how much she wants this! And I don't know anyone that deserves it more than she does! She's an amzing daughter! Just an amazing all around girl! And I was able to meet all the Teachers and students going. She's going to have to much FUN and be in good hands! They will study and will also be doing many activities! One is she gets to snorkle in the "Great barrier Reef!" That in itself is worth going if you ask me! This first picture is of my Mom standing on the side of the highway waving down cars to join us for a Pancake breakfast fundraiser we did for Shanlee a few weeks ago. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AT MY MOM! We had SO MUCH FUN, and hey we even made 10 bucks on the side of the highway! HA! Total that day we raised almost 700 dollars for Shan! It turned out awesome! I wished I would of got more pics of it! All the other pics are from the fundraiser we did last weekend for her. We set up a ride to where Bikers could ride and support Shanlee! It was a GREAT DAY! Members from the B.A.C.A. group joined and rode also! She made over 500 more bucks! WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE THIS HAS ALL BEEN! But I can honestly say now, I just want to send her and get her home SAFE! We are still taking donations by the way to give her spending money while she's over there, We hear it's super expensive! So if you would like to help out, just let me know. NO PRESSURE! LOL!
I gotta say I was laughing SO HARD watching my Mom trying to sway people to join our pancake breakfast! One of those times you just had to be there! She even would run up to cars and yell "STOP!" LMAO! Oh good times for sure! The things we do for our kids and for our Grandkids! HA-HA!
Our beautiful Daughter! Boy does she make us proud!
Shanlee registering a biker to ride! SO COOL!
After the 100 mile ride, all the bikers came back to the park for a BBQ!
Thanks to everyone's support we appreciate it more than you could ever imagine!
2 comments:
That was awesome to read about. Wow, you have been so busy! What a great mom you are! She will go and have the greatest experience of her life. It will give her new perspectives on life and about herself. Studying and traveling abroad is one of the greatest things any of us should experience at least once in our lives! What a cute family you have. Hang in there! Have a great weekend!
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!
Post a Comment