skip to main |
skip to sidebar
So, I guess I am needing a little advice on some Parenting. I am not a good punisher, and never have been. First of all, in all actual reality, I honestly never had to even worry about punishing my daughter Shanlee. She has been an Angel child through out the years, and being 15 years old, she still is. NO JOKE! It's the truth. And I probly now just JINXED MYSELF! LOL!......Now our little Landon is a different story! LOL! Granted, he's only 5, and I know 5 year olds can be stinkers, but Monday night, he was more than a STINKER! I have no idea what got into him, I keep telling myself that he was just overly tired. Had a bad day, not sure. But after I picked him up from John's Mom's it all started! He was sass mouthing me in the car. Yelling at me. Giving me crusty looks! He would not listen to me! I finally turned up the radio for our ride home. I was then thinking to myself once we got home, things would get better. THEY DID NOT! THEY GOT ONLY WORSE! He kept sassing me, yelling at me, kept telling me "NO!" I finally made him go up to his room and sit on his bed! From there it continued! He would come screeching out of his room and stand at the top of the stair case and yell down to me! It was awful! I finally got out the bar of green soap and started to threaten him with it. Well, the threat soon became reality! AND I FEEL SO BAD STILL TO THIS MOMENT ABOUT IT! But I put some soap in his mouth and thought that would for sure make him stop his yelling and telling me off...it did not! He kept it up, by this time I am in tears. Not understanding what I did so wrong for him to treat me this way......the night just continues with yelling, sass mouthing......He was up in his room almost the whole evening! My Husband always tells me to give him a good kick upside his bum, but I am not good at spanking! Never have been! Never will be! ANY IDEAS ON SOME PUNISHING THAT WORKS FOR LITTLE MOUTHY 5 YEAR OLDS? AND THAT WON'T BREAK A MOTHER'S HEART INTO TWO??
HELP!
P.S. By the end of the night he told me he was sorry and he kept saying "It will be ok Mommy, it will be ok!" LOL! Little stinker! He's been pretty good since, but I still need advise for next time. I hope there will not be a next time, but just in case! HA!
3 comments:
You have just perfectly described the happenings in our household for the past several months. My child is not 5, but 10, and is turning into a tween. With that comes emotions and each day I question myself if I am a good mom or not. One moment they love us, the next they hate us. I'm sorry, but I think it's hilarious you really were brave enough to get a bar of soap out! I think the only advice I can give, for what it's worth, is that us moms (and dads) MUST STICK TO OUR WORD AND NOT BACK DOWN! It's so hard, and sometimes it makes us cry. But in the end, they will be thankful, I can only hope! You are a great mom and all I can say is, thank goodness for work and it is a good thing these kids are so dang cute! Hang in there...we should start a mom blog together! A working mom's blog! Keep your chin up-he loves you-don't doubt that!
Thank you so much for your support and great advice Marshelle! You are the best! And I agree with you 100%! We must stick to our word and not back down! I think that has been my issue with my little Landon! BUT NO MORE BACKING DOWN! He's now 5 and knows better! I need to stick to my word. And don't ever question yourself! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOM ALSO!!!! Thankfully since Monday night, things have been much better with Landon's little attitude & with our household, now I am just nervous when it's gonna happen again! LOL! I HOPE NEVER! HA! Thanks again! (((HUGS!)))
Oh....so fun. Listerine strips!!!!
Post a Comment