skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Not even sure if I should be sharing this because I STILL FEEL SO BAD! But maybe it's just that I need to vent a little, who knows. But on Wednesday night I was remaking Landon's bed, which we have to do quite often lately...(no, he does not pee the bed-it's because his feather bed falls off and takes everything with it!) Anyway I pulled his bed out to get all his stuffed animals behind it so I could put his bed back together, and there was a little shark toy back there. "SERIOUSLY! I NEED TO THINK, STOP AND LOOK!!!!" Anyway, I picked up the little toy shark not even looking or thinking and still bent over, and I threw it meaning for it to land on Landon's little book shelf where all his other little plastic toys are, and guess who got hit right in the face......YES MY CUTE LITTLE LANDON WAS RIGHT IN THE WAY. BAM! The toy shark hit him right on the side of his eye, close to his nose! He just looked at me like he was thinking "WHAT WAS THAT FOR MOM, AND HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING!" I literally think I felt my heart break in half! I ran from out of the back of his bed, and grabbed him and loved on him for a good 15 minutes! It left just a small little mark, but needless to say I am so GRATEFUL it did not hit him in the eye! SO CLOSE! I need to remind myself to slow down at times.....I find myself rushing alot lately, trying to get things done, and little accidents like this happen! BUT IN MY EYES IT SHOULDN'T HAVE! I should of looked before hucking his toy accross the room to be sure Landon was not there. Which he wasn't 5 seconds before! Go figure! Anyway I text John and told him what had happened and how bad I felt! His reponse was "It's ok babe, He's tuff!" LOL! YES HE IS! HE'S A VERY TOUGH LITTLE BOY! And we just love our little guy so much! So to all you mommy's out there, my advise to all of you is to never huck a small toy across your child's room before looking both ways! P.S. Trust me our little Landon knows it was just a accident, and he tells me "It's ok Mommy, I'm tuff!"...OH I JUST LOVE HIM!
4 comments:
Don't be so rough on yourself! Things happen and you are a great mom! If this makes you feel any better, when my son was little I was putting his winter baby suit on him and zipped his chin into the zipper! I felt horrible for weeks! We all survived and we just learn from these awful mishaps. You are doing a great job!
Thanks Marshelle, You are so sweet! It was just one of those moments where if I had slowed down a little bit, it probly wouldn't have happened! It just broke my heart and especially to see the little look on his face after it happened! SNIFF SNIFF! Glad it's over and accidents do happen. BOOOOOO FOR LITTLE ACCIDENTS!
Tawn, you are too hard on yourself and you are so funny and so cute! Just love ya. You're a great Mom! Little boys are super duper tuff!
Thanks Sarah! I just love you back! I know I can be hard on myself sometimes, but I just need to learn to slow down sometimes! This silly little accident seriously broke my heart! I had to vent it out! LOL! I'm so happy that Landon is so tuff!
Post a Comment